United States of America
Association of Financial Professionals (AFP)
James A. Kaitz
001 301 907 6670
4520 East-West Highway
Association General Enquiries
4520 East-West Highway
Association Technical Enquiries
(at Dec 2009) Full Members (by headcount) - 16000
Annual membership fees: $495
Education and Training:
AFP offers many educational opportunities scheduled throughout the year to enhance professional development, increase knowledge and earn CTP and FP&A renewal credits.
- Over 130 educational sessions in 8 content tracks, reorganized this year to reflect the current operating environment in treasury and finance:
o Financial Planning & Analysis
o Risk Management
o Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
o Global Treasury & Finance
o Treasury Management
o Pension and Benefits
o Career Development
Education & Training
- AFP offers many educational opportunities scheduled throughout the year to enhance professional skills, increase job knowledge, test preparation for the CTP and FP&A exams or earn CTP and FP&A renewal credits.
- CTC Forum – designed as an opportunity for senior level corporate treasurers to discuss top of mind issues with their peers
- AFP offers two learning systems – Treasury and FP&A. Each are self-directed, self-study professional development course. Ideal study preparation resource for the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) exam, or the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) exam.
- Webinar series – Sessions conducted via web-based platform on financial strategies and solutions from a corporate perspective.
AFP sponsors the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation which serves as a benchmark of competency in the finance profession and is recognized worldwide as the leading credential in corporate treasury. Since 1986, more than 20,000 individuals from 58 countries have earned this prestigious certification. The CTP exam is offered annually in two 60-day examination testing windows at more than 5,000 test centers across the globe. www.AFPonline.org/CTP
Certification: AFP sponsors the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) and Certified Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis Professional (FP&A) designations.
The CTP sets the standard of excellence and is recognized worldwide as a leading credential in corporate treasury. Since 1986, more than 30,000 individuals from 58 countries have earned this prestigious certification.
Launched in 2014, the FP&A Professional designation serves as a benchmark of competency in the finance profession. FP&A Professionals represent corporate practitioners who are able to provide insights to the decision making process affecting the performance of an organization. This credential is defining the field of corporate financial planning & analysis across the globe by setting best practice standards.
Both the CTP and FP&A Professional credentials are sponsored by AFP but developed by practitioners, for practitioners. Both are offered annually in two 60-day testing windows at more 5,000 test centers across the globe.
Publications in areas of interest:
- Career Development and Leadership Skills
- Treasury and Cash Management
- Corporate Finance and Merges & Acquisitions
- Strategic Investments
- E-Commerce and Information Technology
- Global Financial Management
- Relationship Management
- Financial Reporting and Accounting
- Risk Management
- Working Capital Management
- Strategic Financial Management
- Pensions and Benefits Administration
Research and Information Services
Treasury and Cash Management
Controlling body - Board of Directors
Chairman - Anthony Scaglione, CTP, CPA
Number of members - 18
Meetings - quarterly
Treasury & Finance Week (weekly e-newsletter)
Exchange magazine, 10 issues annually
Risk! (monthly newsletter)
Futures in Finance (monthly newsletter)
Payments (monthly newsletter)
FP&A (monthly newsletter)
October 18-21, 2015 – Denver, CO USA